New adventures afoot...

New adventures afoot...
where in the world...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Yay friends!!!!!

So, I was finally able to post after multiple failures!  I'm just about to leave on my fifth trip of the season, it's been super busy as usual but with such great people I've been working with it's been fantastic. And to top it off, I've been able to visit with friend if mine in three different 'human' places on the way!!! South Georgia (Sheri Bluestein, worked together at mcmurdo) , Port Lockroy (liesl shernthaner, from South Pole), and lastly a veritable handful of fantastic folks at Palmer Station!!!  We were able to book in a visit to Palmer, my inside connection there (yea Katie Leum!) when we realized that my ship wasn't slated for a visit and what a shame to miss each other on this side of the continent, Katie told me all of the slots for visits hadn't been booked for the season so we went through all the official channels and our Expedition Leader rearranged our schedule to get us in on the one day the station had available to accept us and voila!  We were in!  It was so awesome to get to spend some time with great friends, catch up a bit on our lives since we'd last seen each other... Several years in fact but it was like no time had passed.  We were even able to invite some of the station staff on board for an outdoor barbeque in the sun, as that morning the weather cleared after several days of cloud and rain. Good omens all around!




So that's it for now, madly catching up on clearing out the spam in the inbox, be patient if you're waiting on a reply from me... I hope to get to it eventually.  Internet on the ship is essentially a no-go.

Love and hugs to everyone,
:) jos

No comments:

Post a Comment